Thursday, May 1, 2014

21+ 1

Well here we are. In the hospital. I was admitted after my weekly scan on Tuesday. There was no immediate danger or emergency, just an agreement between my doctor and I.

I had almost a month at home I didn't think I'd get, so I count myself as very lucky. The plan for now is to keep me in through this critical period. Dr said that if we get to 28 weeks without too much drama I might be able to go home on bed rest. That would be nice.

My cervix had lengthened from the previous scan!!!! Dynamic. Volatile. Just a few words to describe it.  The main thing is it remained closed and Hope continues to thrive.

So far in hospital I've had loads of visitors, watched some tv, done some craft and come down with an awful cold. I am coughing and sneezing. Less than ideal with this stitch so precarious.

This is tough. I am trying to stay positive. I am trying not to let my brain wander down the many paths of what ifs, but I am also holding out on false hope. It's hard to know what to think. No one has any answers for me. We don't know what's going to happen. The idea for now is to keep my cervix and uterus quiet, keep an eye on things and cross our fingers.

I hear Hope's heartbeat every morning when they take my blood pressure etc. it's very reassuring. She's still very active at different times of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment