Tuesday, April 15, 2014

18 + 5

I'm still here. I'm still at home.  We have a scan in 2 days. I am looking forward to seeing Hope but dreading it all the same. We are having the morphology/anomaly scan so it's a big one.  I may go into hospital. I may not.

In other news I have started a new batch of progesterone pessaries. They are WAY less painful the previous, interim, batch. I now warm them slightly by keeping the next ones to go out of the fridge and use a tiny bit of Vaseline.  It's funny. I was dreading starting the new batch as they are double the size of the last batch. I was beginning to despair. How was I going to keep this up for the next ?? weeks? Asking the Dr my other options regarding progesterone administration was on my agenda but as long as things stay calm I think I'll persist with the pessaries. Stay tuned.

I am keeping calm and crafting on. I've started a crazy colourful crochet blanket. Not for Hope. Not for any reason except that I have the time and inclination. I am not making anything for her yet. I don't know when I will feel that I can....

I am being so good. So lazy. Barely lifting a finger. My butt hurts from sitting on it all day. I'd really like to stay home for a few more weeks. Andy has next week off. It'd be so nice to be with the family.  Until I have the scan I have no idea whether my cervix is behaving or not. I will pack my bags of course.

The appointment is for 1120 on 17th April. I will be 19 weeks. The same scan and gestation where things started to go to hell in a hand cart with James. Another reason for my worry. It'll be good to get it done.

In Hope news...feels like she's been doing little flips this afternoon. Very reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment